& Daisies

January 06, 2017


















Call me strange (which isn't anything new, really) but I've always had a strong liking for flowers. This may have stemmed from (no pun intended) a lack of flowers when I grew up; as the pollution so graciously choked out the life from practically anything. The seemingly endless colours and textures that spawn from flora and fauna -- there's always something so visually enticing and powerful about them; the way each flower seems to have a story. 

*inserts dramatic sentence break for effect*

Like us. 

But in all seriousness,  I've always perceived an individual's growth, the physical and the internal, as a flower. Life is about growing and flourishing through the thorns. It's about discovering the hue of red, blue or purple that is perfect for you. It's about blossoming petals as much as wilting petals. Yet, in it's core, it's also about learning to stand tall through the rain, the snow, and the sun. 

Wishing you all the happiest of years, and I have a feeling 2017 will be a good one.

ps. low-key feeling like a flight attendant in this bandana, but all is well because I DIG IT. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments