Hellow

June 24, 2016


Now that summer's-a-bloomin' and the temperature's slowly creeping above what should be humanly possible to tolerate, almost everyone wastes no time to bust out those crop-top and and booty-shorts. Interestingly enough, I've never been one to normally gravitate towards shorts when it comes to choosing my outfit in the morning. If the weather permits, I'd much rather spend my days in a pair of nice jeans with a breezy top instead. But there are days, when the sun decides to bake cookies out of us and have us feel like we're in a literal oven (thanks.), I do whip out those denim-shorts for a spin.

Introducing *drumroll*, my classic denim short and t-shirt combo featuring, what I like to say, the pair of shorts that I wear so much, you'd think they're the only ones I own. But they're not. Surprise surprise! The usual combo consists of a slightly loose-fitted shirt, tucked into a pair of mid-rise denim short. And I know I have issues, and someone needs to stop me, but I get my (excessive amount of) basic t-shirts at Gap. Or more specifically, from the boys section or from their new Modern Vintage Tee selection. They're of great quality and fit just right; not too slim but not too baggy. It's perfect for tucking in and for achieving the whole I-tried-but-didn't-really-try vibe that we all know is, seriously, a time-consuming lie, but hey, I still love it anyhow.

And, I've realised that tend to favour distressed denim over others; I like that it adds a bit of unexpected texture and "edge" into my outfit as a means to deceive the world into thinking I'm actually edgy and cooler than what I'm clearly not (#presentationiskey?). So, there's a pro-tip from yours truly.
- A

GAP shirt (it's a trick; the color is much more muted than the picture on the site) // Holister shorts // Nine West boots

P.S- you can check out the details for the flatlay on my Instagram @a.flair (shameless self-promoting holla)!








You Might Also Like

0 comments