Sageful

July 21, 2016




It's an I-know-all-too-well feeling, a universal roller-coaster of emotions: when you find yourself standing in front of your closet and the trail-blazing thought that's running through your mind is holy shit I have nothing to wear. All the while, feeling like you had just arrived at the exact same morning dilemma yesterday. You're a liar if you say otherwise. I swear. And especially now, since we've been graced with the splendid gift of suffocating sun-rays, I'll be the first to say that all I ever really want to do is blast the AC on high, eat ice-cream and lounge around in old over-sized t-shirts. The last thing I want to worry about in the heat is what I'm wearing.

(Trust me, I'm going somewhere with this.)

And that's why I love going for easy and ready-to-go pieces that don't need much thinking or head-scratching. And that's also why I am absolutely, and utterly in love with maxi dresses this season. They're extremely lightweight, which makes it, hands down, the most comfortable thing to be in whilst under the heat. Especially when there's a side slit to show off a little bit of that leg action-- just the perfect amount of skin peeking out of some place new. It's great. I love it. I'm sold.

My go-to this summer is this gorgeous maxi-dress; I'm literally a total sucker for florals and muted colours. I'm not a maximalist, so this floral print definitely did it for me. Not to mention, slip on some jewelry and you've got effortless written all over your outfit. Woop de doo! And I mean, I think sage may just be one of my new favourite colours. Maybe. I don't know. It's not confirmed yet. Who am I kidding, I dig it. It's confirmed.





My mom calls this the "grandma" dress, but you know, no point in refuting something that I am. -A

Forever21 dress // Forever21 jewelry

You Might Also Like

0 comments