Yew Nork

July 05, 2016


Let's first set the record straight and address the elephant in the room: yes, my shirt says "YEW NORK". Not "NEW YORK", much to the generals first impression. I am aware. But that's why I love it. It's dry humour. And I think personally, my humour makes up of self-deprecation with a handful of sarcasm. Or actually, maybe that makes it semi-dry. It really depends on the wind, and weather or not it rained last night. But no one cares.

And the minute I set eyes upon this glorious sight of a shirt, I knew I had to bag it; I had been on the hunt for longest time, trying to find the perfect graphic t-shirt. It's one of the staples to any casual outfit. And goes great with denim, so extra points to that. But I could never find myself a nice graphic shirt that didn't have a border-lining awful pun (sorry.) strapped over the chest or had an excessive decal over it. I wanted something that was simple and minimal, but also something that I could laugh at. I had even considered making my own, but my procrastination got the better of me. However, that's probably a good thing because the cost of what it would've taken me to print my own iron-on and buy a nice plain shirt was be more than what this top cost me: $7 (!!!!!). So, I guess good things do come to those who wait. And if things go on schedule, I'm assuming the universe is going to send a boy my way soon. Hopefully. Probably not.

But on another note, once again, your girl is showcasing yet another version of her summer outfits. Distressed denim shorts, any old t-shirt that's tucked in and topped off with some weather inappropriate booties. If I could, I would wear boots all year long. I love how it gives off a clean & classic touch (plus, a liddle bidda that height) to a look. And a nice pair of chelsea boots do just the trick for pairing it with virtually ANY outfit. I'll vouch for that.

And hey! A bandana! Which we all know is really just another way for us to hide our gross hair on our lazy days because nothing beats unwashed hair. On behalf of all lazy girls, who clearly did not wake up like this, I'm extremely grateful for whoever invented that marvelous piece of cloth.
- A

Abercrombie & Fitch shirt // GAP shorts //
ESPRIT belt // Nine West boots // Walmart watch 







You Might Also Like

0 comments